HOW TO RIDE THE FIXED ROUTE SYSTEM
1. Obtain a Schedule and Choose your Route. Check Directory and find your stop.
2. Wait at a Designated Bus Stop.
3. Board the Bus. Wait for passengers to exit then make sure your getting on the right bus. If you are unsure just ask the driver. They will be happy to help you.
4. Pay your Fare. Drivers do not carry change, so you must have the correct amount. if you have a pass it must be shown to the driver each time you board.
5. Enjoy the Ride!
6. Getting Off the Bus. Pull the signal cord or tell the driver about one block before the stop you want to get off, to give plenty of warning. Make sure to take all your belongings. Never walk in front of the bus; wait for it to leave the stop. Transfer tickets will be given out by the drivers when asked. They are for that day only and only at the transfer station.
If you live inside the Fixed Route area and have a barrier that would prevent you from making it to a bus stop, a deviation can be scheduled. To be eligible for a deviation please contact the office to have an application sent to you. The application has to be sent back to STAR and approved before a deviation can be scheduled.
Please be mindful of safety and consideration.
- Keep aisle free of feet or other objects.
- Leave front seats for elderly, those with disabilities or small children.
- Only bring what you can carry on the bus in one trip. The driver will not wait for you to get off for another load of stuff.
- No food or drink.
- No smoking.
- No weapons or flammables.
Once again Bus drivers do not carry cash and cannot make change. Please have exact fare when you get on.
The Demand Response Paratransit is still available to those outside the fixed route service area on a first come first serve basis. Monday through Friday (except holidays) 7:00am to 5:00pm. This includes all areas outside the City of Rock Springs.
How to ride demand response
If you live outside of the fixed route area the demand response paratransit operates by appointments with 24 hours notice, no later than 5:00pm the day before . STAR Transit demand response has what is called a 15 minute window, if your pick-up is scheduled for 8:00am , the bus may arrive anytime between 7:45am and 8:15am. After the bus arrives the driver is only permitted to wait 3 MINUTES then they must leave with or without you.